J.D., with Highest Honors; University of Oklahoma; May, 1992 Oklahoma Law Review; Order of the Coif; Graduated number 8 in a class of 224; Earl A. Brown Award (relating to the law of Oil & Gas); Earl T. Warren Memorial Award (relating to the law of Wills & Trusts); American Jurisprudence/Academic Achievement Awards in Property II, Wills & Trusts, Oil & Gas, Remedies, and Conflicts of Law. B.A., University of Oklahoma, Journalism/Advertising; May, 1984 University of Oklahoma Biological Station Research Project; University Scholar; Department of Sociology Statistical Research Assistant; Speakers’ Bureau; American Advertising Federation; American Marketing Association; American Advertising Federation Award for Excellence in Advertising.
Admitted to practice in the United States Supreme Court; United States Circuit Court for the Tenth Circuit Court of Appeals; United States District Courts for the Western, Northern, and Eastern Districts of Oklahoma. Member of the Oklahoma Bar Association (OBA); Oklahoma Association For Justice (formerly known as the Oklahoma Trial Lawyers Association); Chairman Oklahoma Association For Justice Continuing Legal Education Committee (2000, 2002); Oklahoma Association For Justice Board of Directors (2000-2002); Vice-chair OAFJ Member Benefits Committee (1999-2000); Vice-Chair Oklahoma Association For Justice Amicus Curiae Committee (1995); Association of Trial Lawyers of America; Oklahoma County Bar Association; Charter Member of the National Air Traffic Controllers’ Association (Chicago ARTCC — Air Traffic Controllers’ Union); Former member of the United Aerospace Workers Union, Local 2130 (Gulfstream Aerospace Technologies; Bethany, Oklahoma).
PUBLICATIONS & PUBLISHED OPINIONS:
Kraszewski v. Baptist Hospital, 1996 OK 141, 916 P.2d 241.
Christian v. First Capital Bank, 2006 OK CIV APP 128, cert. denied.
Personal Injury Settlements: Subrogation, Rights of Recovery, Liens, Taxation and Other Financial Issues, 74 Okla. Bar Journal 1 (September 6, 2003).
Evidentiary Principles Relating to Blood Alcohol Tests, 66 Okla. Bar Journal 995 (March 25, 1995).
Oklahoma Adopts the Tarasoff Doctrine, OAFJ Advocate, Vol. 24, No. 6, p. 22 (November/December, 1991).
OAFJ Advocate, Medical Malpractice Column, 2004-2006.
OAFJ Advocate, Commercial Litigation Column, 2007.
- The Learning Channel, Medical Mistakes, Winter 2006.
- Electronic Discovery, Oklahoma County Bench and Bar Conference, Lake Texoma Lodge, April 6, 2003.
- Moderator, Successful Deposition and Trial Testimony, OBA/OAFJ Continuing Legal Education Seminar, October 11, 2002, Tulsa and October 18, 2002, Oklahoma City.
- Champagne Technology on a Beer Budget, OBA/OAFJ Continuing Legal Education Seminar, October 26, 2001, Oklahoma City.
- Moderator, Business Torts, OBA/OAFJ Continuing Legal Education Seminar, October 6, 2000, Tulsa, and October 13, 2000, Oklahoma City.
- Moderator, How to Hammer Allstate, OAFJ Continuing Legal Education Seminar, May 19, 2000, Oklahoma City.
- Moderator, Effective Motion Practice in Civil Cases, OBA/OAFJ Continuing Legal Education Seminar, April 14, 2000 Oklahoma City, and April 21, 2000, Tulsa.
- Effective Discovery and Winning Motion Practice in Civil Cases: Written Discovery and Medical Issues, OBA/OAFJ Continuing Legal Education Seminar, February 12, 1999, Tulsa, and February 19, 1999, Oklahoma City, Oklahoma.
- Advanced Litigation Strategies: Technology and the Use of Demonstrative Evidence, Oklahoma Bar Association Continuing Legal Education Seminar, December 3, 1998, Oklahoma City, Oklahoma, and December 10, 1998, Tulsa, Oklahoma.
- Oklahoma Personal Injury Practice for Paralegals, February 27, 1998, Oklahoma City, Oklahoma.
- The Technology and Psychology of Modern Litigation, Oklahoma Bar Association Continuing Legal Education Seminar, December 6, 1996, Tulsa, Oklahoma, and December 13, 1996, Oklahoma City, Oklahoma.
- Using the Internet in a Personal Injury Practice, Oklahoma Trial Lawyers Association Continuing Legal Education Winter Seminar, December 1, 1995, Oklahoma City, Oklahoma.
- Handling the Protective Order, Oklahoma Trial Lawyers Association Continuing Legal Education Summer Seminar, June 16, 1995, Las Vegas, Nevada.